Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Update

Well, it's about 6am and I can't sleep. Figured I'd blog about what's been going on. Briefly, anyway.
Things have been pretty crazy lately. Went out last Saturday to celebrate and had a great time. The shower went great as well. Had a few friends come in from out of town for the shower/weekend and one very close friend flew in all the way from Pennsylvania! We got to spend some of the week with her which was awesome.

The sucky part was that I started showing signs of pre-eclampsia last week (nasty pregnancy related thing) and had to be hospitalized over night. Test results came back ok so they let me go home. Though, I just got out of the hospital again yesterday and am showing almost pre-pre-eclampsia signs now (whatever that means). So I have to take it pretty easy from now on and this is really bad because the baby's room still needs painted, need carpet put in, all the clothes washed, have to put the crib together, install the car seat and try to prepare myself for labor and delivery!

Looks like I might be looking at an induction pretty soon. The doc said if I go into labor now she wouldn't stop it. She also won't put me on blood pressure meds at this point- she'd just induce. So this has me kind of a nervous wreck- luckily, I'm too tired to be too nervous. Interesting, I'm tired- yet I can't sleep?

That's it for now. Poor Dad is worried about us- he's helping with everything and being a wonderful, supportive partner (even if his boss is not being so supportive).

2 comments:

Timothy Donavan Russell said...

Thanks for the update. I really have no idea what's going on sometimes. I'm here if you need anything. Or if A needs a hand putting stuff together. (He and I can usually have fun doing most anything.)

You're doing great so far, H, from what I can tell. And I know you'll do great with the remainder.

~H~ said...

Thanks man...I try to have A call you with updates more often. Things have been kind of crazy and his boss is being horrible- I know he's been worrying like crazy. His blood pressure was even up!

On top of this we just found out we're going to have to sink about a grand into the mazda. Thanks Randy for that glorious inspection...grrr. That noise he said was "normal" was not normal for the car, it had never had a tune up and desperately needs one plus a host of other little things. I know you guys like him but I've never had good luck with him. Every car thing we've had lately where we tried him has turned out like this (he can't figure out what's wrong or repairs the wrong thing and we have to take it out to Carl who discovers the problem right away or will charge us a ton less $$)

Carl Johnson is our man- he looked the car over really well for no charge and gave us a "heads up" on what's to come and told us how long we could safely hold of on repair. The whole exhaust needed replaced now though!

Can I have a beer soon? A beer would make this much easier to deal with (escape from) he he!

Interestingly enough, all of this car stuff seems a bit insignificant with everything that's going on right now- I can handle car breakdowns compared to all of this other shite.

Ahh, enough bitching for the day.