Sunday, September 30, 2007

this and that

So I went baby registering while Mr. Manx was tearing drywall down and installing a waterline (Handy-dandy husband) and decided to go with this for the nursery
It's cute. Kind of frilly, but not as frilly as some of the bedding. I'm going to look around town for cribs today and will continue checking out bedding since this isn't exactly what I have in mind. The only real benefit of choosing this is that people may buy it for us since it's in the store we registered at...and that's a pretty big benefit.
Crib shopping is really getting challenging. They are all expensive. Some very expensive.
Well, enough baby talk.

My bro called us from Iraq. I guess he's doing well and is at his permanent base now. He says it stinks- literally stinks there. I will take his word on that.
Though, he said the food has been great. He had steak and crab legs the other night...as Mr. Manx said...war is hell. Honestly, it probably is some days since he said some guy in his unit had his leg gravely injured recently so they were on "blackout" meaning no communication until the family is notified.
So if they give those guys some steak and crab legs, I know they certainly could use it. He sounded like he was doing well though, adjusting to his new existence.
It gives incredible relief every time we get a call like this. Just to hear from him.

Off to go shopping for more baby stuff. I keep dreaming of all this stuff at night- it's wearing me out! heh

No comments: