Tuesday, October 2, 2007

storms be a coming

I think we finally have a storm on the way. Actually, a tornado watch is out right now (along with our cat who we can't get to come in!!) but it looks like the cell is slowing a bit. I hope it is anyway, one tornado is enough, thank you (our city/neighborhood/house got hit by one a couple years ago)
Oh, how we need the rain though. The ground is dry and my allergies are in full force. Maybe the rain will get some of that crap out of the air.
Well...I guess when there is nothing better to talk about, there's always the weather. I happen to like observing and sometimes talking about weather though so maybe I'm just a weirdo. Well, I already know I'm a weirdo...

Oh, dietitian said my blood sugar numbers look great and I should start testing 2 hours after my meal- if I stay where I'm at, the doc my have me test less. I really, really think stress was a factor- but this is just me. Doctor-types don't like to be questioned too much.

I've discovered these no sugar added ice cream bars with chocolate and peanut butter- and that I can eat a slice of my favorite pizza and a big salad and my blood sugar is good! I don't want to push my luck, but it sure is nice to have some things that will satisfy those preggers cravings....mmm.
I'm hoping that I can keep up this healthy eating after she's born. It feels wonderful to know I'm giving her so many healthy nutrients because she's just growing like crazy!

It's so strange to have this little being inside of me. I can feel her getting bigger and feel like I can actually feel an arm or a leg sometimes when she moves - or as Mr. Manx likes to call it "squirms"

Mr. Manx just turned on that caveman commercial show- it sounds really stupid in the background - I have to check it out just out of morbid curiosity.

1 comment:

Manx said...

Hey, let Squirmy squirm.

Yeah, that show was one long Geico commercial without the Geico. The whole time I expected someone to say something about car insurance out of the blue.

Maybe the gecko will guest star as someone's uncle on an episode.